To sort data in columns with headings, follow the steps below.
NOTE: In Excel, data is formatted in ascending, (a-z), order by default, this can be changed in the sort dialogue.
1. Press “alt+d” followed by an “S” to open the data sort dialogue.
2. Now press “shift+tab” three times to land on the “my data has headers” check box and use the space bar to check.
3. Now tab three times to the sort combo box.
4. Now arrow down to the heading you wish to sort by.
5. Now tab to the “OK” button and press “Enter”.
6. Your data will now be sorted alphabetically using the chosen column.