To sort data in columns with headings, follow the steps below.
NOTE: In Excel, data is formatted in ascending order by default, this can be changed in the sort dialogue.
1. Press “alt+d” to open the data menu
2. You will be on the “sort” menu, press “enter” to open.
3. Tab until you hear “header row not checked”, or “header row checked” and ensure this is checked by use of the arrow keys.
4. Now tab to “Sort by” and then tab once more into the combo box.
5. Now arrow down until you land on the heading of the column you wish to sort by.
6. Now tab past the other combos until you come to the “OK” button and press “Enter”.
7. Your data is now sorted alphabetically.